Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bamboo, Bamboo.

I think I said in my last post that I was in search of some chairs to go around my new farm table in the shop. Well, I've been eyeing these bamboo chairs in almost every design magazine I read, when finally this morning I found these:

You might be wondering what the heck I was thinking when I bought them. They are a little rough around the edges. But hopefully with a little sanding, a touch of spray paint, and some 
reupholstering, they'll look more like these beauties
Chippendale Arm Chair
Jonathan Adler $645
Chippendale Chair
Jonathan Adler $695
Of course for a fraction of the price :) 
Now the only question is which color shall I paint them? White, Black, Green, or my ever favorite sky blue? I'm mulling over the idea of yellow chairs with a Tiffany Blue ikat pattern for the cushions. What do you think? 

6 comments:

  1. Yellow and ikat. Then save them for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards that combo. I thought you'd like it! We need new chairs in our dining room, too. I just might have to keep these:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds fun. post some pics when they're done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the yellow too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, spurred on by all your comments, I spent the day spray painting yellow and it's totally not the yellow I had in mind, but I'm gonna hold of on any verdict till I get the cushions reupholstered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo, please let us see how the chairs turned out!

    ReplyDelete