Monday, November 25, 2013

Simple DIY Holiday Gift Ideas: Day 2

Custom Framed Art
My husband is an eBay guru. He found this sick Wreck-It Ralph print and happened to nail it for $75 (inc. shipping). This happens to be my {almost} 3 yr. old's favorite movie. We were going to frame it and give it to her for Christmas, but we couldn't wait. Especially since we weren't sure it was actually present-worthy for a 2 1/2 yr old. I'm happy to say we were wrong. This little girl LOVES her "Ref it Ralph pwsent". She even asked me to take a picture of her standing next to it. Thus, the next four pictures I'm showing you. I bought the frame from IKEA for $24.99 (a steal) although I'd been staking out thrift shops for a used poster-sized frame, but just couldn't find the right size. I'm sure I'll find one next time now that I've already bought this one. 
You can find the print here or find out more about artist Tom Whalen here


This is the face she gave me when I told her to smile. :)

So even though this isn't completely a DIY project, I think it's super special to buy original art from artists and frame them for your loved ones. Here are some awesome little prints from a shop called French Prints on etsy that I think are extremely giftable. Wouldn't they be adorable in spray-painted turquoise frames. You could probably find any random, mix-match frames at a thrift store and spray them all the same color. Buy some inexpensive matting, or make your own out of cardboard and you'll have an exquisite, one-of-a-kind, custom gift. Here are a few of my favorites below printed on a page from a vintage, French dictionary. Aren't they great? I think these would also make a fabulous baby shower gift for someone's nursery.





No comments:

Post a Comment