Thursday, November 14, 2013

French Provincial Vanity

I found this really pretty vanity today. Correction. It will be really pretty with a little elbow grease. But someone already did the hardest part by sanding all most the paint off the base.

I'm really liking the look of the natural wood (shocker, I know), but unfortunately it has this ugly white laminate veneer on top. I think I'm going to paint stripes (because I can't get enough of stripes) across the top in a grey and tan, keeping it close to the natural looking colors that are running through the wood base. Something like the colors in this fabric:
via

The white top doesn't look as bad in pics as it does in person, but trust me, the two textures are way off and it just doesn't look like a cohesive piece.


I also need to fix the hardware where the mirror folds down so it sits level, but that shouldn't be too hard. See, I've already primed the top and insides. And here's a little sneak peak at the vintage contact paper I found to line the drawers. I was excited when I found this roll for $2. Nothing finishes off a newly refurbished vanity like some cute lining inside. Stay tuned for the finished product. It'll be listed under the Bedroom Furniture tab for sale when I'm finished.

Also in the French Provincial category we still have this adorable baby blue nightstand. Perfect for any nursery around, boy or girl. It's vintage, but it's been sanded, painted, and waxed to perfection. It measures about 19.5" l x 14"w x 24" h, found under the Bedroom Furniture tab as well. It is possible for me to custom match the vanity to the nightstand so if you're interested in both, please send me an email at shopredesignation@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment