Monday, November 18, 2013

Real Estate Monday: Seattle

Yes, Seattle's a long ways away from Pittsburgh, but let me explain the worm hole that led me to this gem! As I was googling images for kitchen door curtain inspiration, I came across this girl's blog: The Modern Cottage. Scrolling through on my iphone I was really intrigued. She's like my twin on the opposite side of the states- at least I'm going to allow myself the honor of this title, she's where I'd love to be in say, seven years from now- similar back stories to opening a store and repainting furniture, etc. And as I glanced through more of her blog, I saw she does real estate posts, too! I was so excited by this house she posted and by finding this gem of a blog that I just had to share it with you today (even though it is on the other side of the country). I think you'll love it, too!
2406 2nd Ave. W, Seattle, WA 98119
  
Ever since owning my own Craftsman style house, I'm kind of obsessed with them. 

This looks like a magazine, doesn't it? 

This could be a Pittsburgh house, really. Just paint those panels white, slap some calm, flat grey paint above, and echo that monochromatic color scheme by painting your antique table in a high gloss grey. 

This is literally the same.exact.floorplan as my house, but it (obviously) looks 100% different. It's got my mind going a bajillion miles a minute. It looks professionally designed, but I don't think it's anything too lofty or inaccessible as far as mimicking this look. I love the cool colors, the different textures from the fabrics and rug, and the pop of color in that turquoise velvet chair. 

What a neat den. Those cherry-red hounds-tooth chairs are AWESOME. And did you notice the books on the shelf are color-coordinated? 

Marble counter tops, brass pulls, glass doors, and a farm sink. My dream kitchen. 

Again, is this a magazine, or a real house? I'm not so sure.

Look at that painted dresser! 

That console to the left is a typical Mediterranean style cabinet that Pittsburgh seems to have a million of. You might not recognize it with that high gloss white paint (usually it's dated, dark fruit wood), but that just goes to show what a little paint can do to add some glam. The headboard is a mirror- I'll have to remember that one. 

What a fun rug!
There you have it. What do you think? Thanks for the inspiration, MCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment