Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Winterizing My Living Room

Is anyone else as sad about the approaching season as I am? With the inevitable cold weather moving in, we have to "winterize" our living room by taking one of our sofas out. It sits in front of the radiator and when deciding between heat or a seat, I'll take the heat. Bye-bye tufted sofa, see you next year.

 I'm kicking myself now for not buying these Arthur Moser chairs at a local thrift store. At the time, I had no where to put them, but now a pair would fit so perfectly in front of my radiator without blocking the heat flow. They'd look fabulous if I painted the arms/legs with a bright, contrasting color. And that price- $24.99. Oh, that price! But that page has turned, and now I'm on the lookout for another pair of something.
At least for the time being, the living room will look way less cluttered- which is great for showings (our house is still on the market, after all). And this whole thing has forced us to clean up this three seasons room where the sofa will hibernate for the rest of the season.

I've hung on to this sofa, in the first place, in hopes of someday having it reupholstered. I've been dreaming of something like this...
via
A girl can dream, right? Now back to reorganizing my living room...

1 comment:

  1. You will find the right pair. I am still kicking myself for passing on a pair of club chairs with ottomans on the side of the road. You have great taste! Liz Frederick AYPToday.com

    ReplyDelete