Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ombre Walls

You have to admit ombre is pretty neat. I've often tried this with furniture, i.e. painting drawers a hair darker with each descending drawer, but I've never tried it on a larger scale like a wall. This tutorial shows you step by step. I'd be a bit tempted to make it a little more dramatic by making the top shade a bit lighter, but this is totally playing into my whole mint color obsession. Also, instead of buying multiple different colors on the color scale like she did {which is fine}, I bet you could save money by simply buying the darker color and adding white paint to lighten it. If you're mixing your own colors this way, just be sure to make enough to cover the whole area you're painting (or measure your ratio) otherwise you may never be able to mix the same color again. 

source


No comments:

Post a Comment