Monday, October 28, 2013

Real Estate Monday: Regent Square

Just when I was thinking I wasn't going to have a house to share today, this one pops on the market. It's technically in Wilkinsburg, but it falls in the "Regent Square" category. A little FYI: half of Regent Square is Swissvale, and the other half Wilkinsburg- this is important when it comes to property tax and you'll always want to know what the house's reassessed value is. Wilkinsburg has a higher tax rate, so you're going to want that assessment to be lower!
Anyways, it isn't often you can find a house for sale and read the entire back-story on its renovation so this was a real treat for me. You can click here to see the details this couple went through to bring this house up to its glory.
Here are some pictures I took off houzz.com to share. This is 403 Biddle Ave.  a 2 bd/1.5 bath house listed for $220,000. As you'll see, everything is brand-spanking-new. Fun, right?
Contemporary Dining Room by Pittsburgh Photographers Jason Snyder
Love the vintage Herman Miller cafe set- it works great with the industrial look they're going for. 
Contemporary Kitchen by Pittsburgh Photographers Jason Snyder
If you've been reading my blog at all, you'll know that I love kitchens that are unique and not so cookie-cutter-esque. The use of different mediums (concrete, tile, wood, stainless) is great. Not everything has to match in order to look cohesive and this is a great example of that. I think I'd personally need a pop of color in there though. Maybe one of those fun, colorful stove ranges made to look retro?

Contemporary Bathroom by Pittsburgh Photographers Jason Snyder
The tile work in this bathroom is exquisite and clean- just the way you'd want a bathroom to look! 
Contemporary Bedroom by Pittsburgh Photographers Jason Snyder
The master- sparse, but I love how they use color in the dresser and bedding to do the "talking". 
Contemporary Family Room by Pittsburgh Photographers Jason Snyder
I was kind of bummed to see this house had only two bedrooms, until I realized the 3rd floor was one big space that could easily double as a huge master suite. That's what I'd do at least. Apparently they use this attic as a family room, and a cool one at that, but if you needed the extra bedroom, it's definitely possible here. 
Traditional Exterior by Pittsburgh Photographers Jason Snyder
I was driving by today on my way to Frick park with T, and it looked even brighter and cuter in person. The door was painted a vibrant yellow, instead of the burgundy color in the pic. I'm so curious if the owners are moving on to another project, and if so, where?
The area of Regent Square is and has been "expanding" into Wilkinsburg, and I've seen the property values of this area go up over the last few years. It's definitely a fabulous location, on a quiet street, and there's a great little neighborhood cafe right down the road. Love neighborhood coffee houses! Did you know that's almost what we were going to do before opening up the furniture shop? Maybe someday I'll combine both loves...
Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment