Monday, July 15, 2013

Real Estate Monday: Squirrel Hill(ish)

Although I've only actually lived in Pittsburgh for 5 years, I've visited my relatives every summer since I can remember. They live on the North Shore, and it's an awesome street to live on during the 4th of July (front row seats to fireworks). I'm definitely planning on doing a real estate post there as soon as a good one pops on the market.
Every time we'd visit, we'd always go to the movies or the Old Barnes N' Nobles in Squirrel Hill. I loved it because I felt like I was in a little version of NYC. I know, I know, Sq. Hill's nothing like NYC, but I was eight and from the suburbs of Jacksonville, Fl, and none of our bookstores had escalators. Plus, I'm obsessed with being able to walk to things instead of always having to drive. Squirrel Hill is the perfect little neighborhood for this reason.
The fascination continued when I decided to locate my first store there. Now that we're no longer there, it feels a little foreign again, but in a fun way.
Here are two homes that aren't right in the action, but are still pretty, darn close. There are lots of gorgeous homes in Squirrel Hill, mind you, but like my furniture prices, I am on the lookout for a deal.
House #1: 3119 Beechwood Blvd.  4 beds/1.5 baths $229,000
The brick work looks newly pointed. Always a good sign when the outside looks crisp and clean.



Nice, large, separate entry way- not always possible in small, Pittsburgh homes.
And a coat closet. What I wouldn't give for a coat closet! Or maybe that's a powder room.
Either way, a welcome bonus.  

That marble fireplace is gorgeous.
A deep, graphite color on the walls would pop against it nicely.
Ooh, and some pretty, flowing white curtains, hung from ceiling to floor. 

Small kitchen- typical. Maybe this wall could be removed to open it up a bit.
Slap some pretty paint on those cabinets and you'd be good to go. 

These floors are, perhaps, the most beautiful floors I've seen in a while
(or at the very least show up well in photos)! 


3rd floor: perfect playroom or bedroom. Maybe even a master suite if renovated?
I like that rug, too.  
House #2: 3159 Beechwood Blvd. literally right down the street. Slightly smaller at 3 beds/1.5 baths, and cheaper at $164,000.
This is a semi-detached home- don't I sound like House Hunters now?
It has a cute, picked fence in the front.
Lovely family room, open to the dining room. 

Great craftsman style built-ins in the dining room.
One of my only knocks on the house is how tiny the kitchen is. At least it looks well done, but I'd seriously have to take out the wall in between the dining room to open it up and switch the cabinetry to the opposite side. I'm sure there's something that can be done because the view behind this shot is amazing. 
Ugh... I'd be out here every.single.minute. 
3 bedrooms similar to this upstairs & a bath that needs some TLC.
There's a finished room and a half bath that needs a little loving in the basement, but for the price and location, I think it's a pretty good deal. Definitely my favorite of the two when it comes to potential.








No comments:

Post a Comment