Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mix & Matching Kitchen Appliances

We live in a day and age where our kitchen appliances no longer have to match to look good and I like it. We're redoing our kitchen on a shoestring budget, and I think I've got all my stainless (looking, they're actually not "real" stainless steel) appliances sold off thanks to Craigslist. Oh where would we be without Craig? [Side note: The appliances came with our house. They're in good shape, so I've often been reluctant to change them out for purely aesthetic reasons, but we've decided to get a bigger fridge and that just opened an entire can of worms. Decorative worms]. 

Anyways, I've got about a week to figure out what I want to replace them with or else we'll be using our sun room as a walk-in cooler- totally possible with this weather. I've been thinking about this for a long time and  I think I'm going with a glossy white fridge, a white and stainless gas range, and possibly a stainless dishwasher. My theory is the stove will have both the glossy white and stainless, thus allowing me to mix and match the fridge and the dishwasher. I may change my mind come buying time, but I've been doing my research and I really like the new white refrigerators. Am I wrong, or does stainless seem to be making its way out? It's all personal preference, really, but I tend to feel a little overwhelmed with all that metal. And the fingerprints. Did I mention I have a three year old?

I took a trip to the Sears outlet the other day and they had some great options. I think my only splurge might be the range. Gotta have a pièce de résistance.
Here's a couple fun inspiration photos that got me going. I'm also contemplating painting my maple cabinets. Decisions, decisions. Meaningless in the scheme of life, yes, but projects like this get me through these dreary winter days. Amen?

These three pictures are from HGTV's website. It's a country, cottage redo by designer Sarah Richardson. I always seem to like what she designs. This kitchen is no exception. Except maybe that stove, but other than that, I really love the sweet, girly vibe. The mosaic tile is exquisite, and I'm always a fan of brass hardware on painted cabinets.
 See the white microwave? I think had she chosen a range similar to the microwave, it'd be a more seamless look. I don't like how the black on the stove breaks up the white lines on that back wall.
 Something really neat HGTV does is give you a shopping guide as to where she bought everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. It's pretty cool.
 And this is a kitchen I found that not only mix and matches appliances, but cabinet colors as well. It works for me.
via
via

What are your thoughts on mixing appliances? Am I crazy for wanting white?

6 comments:

  1. Blend microwave stove has the ability to perform both sorts of cooking. In straightforward words it's a mix of warmed air and microwave vitality that convection permits you to prepare or cocoa and also you can appreciate the elements of microwave. steamironreview.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, both of these types of appliances are bought at the same stores. It is very hard to find a store that only sells business appliances.best dehumidifier review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having identified your specific need for a major appliance, you now embark on a search to find one that most suits your need. visit this site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't think, how a man can compose such astonishing stuff.
    homeepiphany

    ReplyDelete
  5. The amount of these apparatuses may change starting with one kitchen then onto the next, yet there are some essential machines that are an integral part of each kitchen including the cooler, blender, chopper, sustenance processor and microwave. Aside from fundamental things of an utilitarian kitchen, a marked kitchen is loaded with various extras including a fridge, microwave broiler, profound cooler, rice cooker, sandwich producer, toaster, electric pot, blender, juicer, sustenance processor and electric stove. https://knifegeeky.com/best-knife-for-cutting-meat/

    ReplyDelete