Monday, April 8, 2013

Real Estate Monday: Churchill

Since I've started this business, one of my favorite era's of furniture has become Mid Century Modern, or furniture designed/made between the 50's and 60's, aka retro. This house I'm about to show you was built in 1954 and completely encompasses all things Mid Century Modern. I drove by it a couple of weeks ago, and since then it might already have a contract on it, but it still never hurts to look, right?
So without further adieu I give you 1898 Brushcliff Rd.
I love how you just know this house is going to be sneaky-big since it's built on a cliff. 
 Ok, I don't know about you, but this makes my jaw drop! I love this deck, and the back yard, and the feeling of being in the mountains even though you're not. Oh, Brushcliff road, how you get me!

The lowdown- you'll have to click on the address link above if you'd like to see more pictures (check out that glass atomic coffee table!). The house does need some updating. And by some, I mean all the carpets and bathrooms need attention. HELLO green carpet from the 50's, we hear you loud and clear! But that's just cosmetic, and serves as a good negotiating tool. The bones are all there (4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, open floor plan), and that's what's important. As long as it's structurally sound, this one would be a piece of cake to remodel.
Location- it's fairly convenient, sitting right between the Wilkinsburg and Churchill exits off 376. Both don't have that great of school systems, but alas, welcome to Pittsburgh. Wilkinsburg has higher taxes, so I'd want to make sure this is truly considered Churchill with a price tag of anything over $100k.  It's not really in a walking area... my pet peeve, but not a deal breaker.
Price-wise-You never want to be the most expensive house in the neighborhood, so it worried me when I saw a house down the street on the market for $80k. But there is an extremely stately home right at the entrance of the street that zillow puts at over $400,000 so rest assured this house fits comfortably in the middle price-wise. 

...wish this were like house hunters, where I could show you after pictures once new owners move in...

Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment