Friday, October 7, 2011

Hey Mambo.

Mambo Italiano. 
I used to make up names for my mom when I was younger. Mambo, may or may not have been one of them. For certain, Matza was one of those names. Now, instead of "grandma", we have Matza. Below is a true Italian treasure. It's my newest consignment piece. Bought in Italy about 40 years ago, is this stunning bombé chest. While this picture hardly does it justice, the wood is almost exotic looking and laid in a chunky square sort of pattern. 

Made by "Fiorini" 





Also new is this demi lune (half moon) sofa table from Ethan Allen. You can still find it online here for (get this) $1449! I decided to list it for 70% off its original price,
making it $435.
I found a whole bunch of new stuff to go in the shop yesterday, which is perfect timing since I walked back in this morning to find that Kelly sold everything last night. 
Okay,"everything" is an exaggeration. But she did sell a lot. 
So what did I get? You'll just have to stop in tomorrow and see. Here's to hoping the husband's able to pick it all up tonight! This business is like a marriage.
It really does take two. 
And a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment