Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Hodgepodge [Almost] Finished Nursery

Ten days folks! That's how long I have till baby #2 graces us with his presence. At least in theory, that is. He could of course come sooner (yes, please), or later ( no, thank you). We made some major switcheroos to our room situation, moving the guest bedroom downstairs, to allow for a new nursery upstairs. This has been a really fun project for me. I chose to lighten up the color scheme, going for Watery from Sherwin Williams. I had a coupon and saw this color in a magazine. I actually bought it for my kitchen originally, but it was too baby blue. I decided I was going to use it on our future nursery regardless of having a boy or girl. Turns out to be perfect.
Last night, Tony and Taliila finished hanging some pictures and a chalkboard. There's still a little fiddling to be done, but here's the gist of it. I'm really proud of most of the deals I got, with the exception of the chalkboard, which was a splurge.
 Stool: Refinished FREE, Chalkboard: Home Goods $49.99, Ikea Lamp: via Craigslist $5

 Softest Rug EVER: Gabriel Brothers $65, Chair & Ottoman: via Facebook $65
Framed Animal Art: Via here, White Frames: Ikea $7.99, End Table: yard sale $5, Green Lamp: Already owned
 Mobile: via yard sale $5, Red/Yellow Chest: my childhood dresser FREE, Thomasville MCM Dresser: Tony's grandpa's FREE, 
Green Polk Dot Diaper Topper: previously had from Taliila's Room
Curtains: Home Goods $29.99, Crib: Ikea via Craigslist $25, Sheets/Bumper: Free from friends
Like I said, a hodgepodge, but the room itself is really light and airy- I love it. We already tend to congregate in it and play on that big, comfy rug. I can officially say we.are.ready.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new baby boy! You got some amazing deals for his nursery. I particularly love the armchair and ottoman.

    www.thiswayhome.co

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really interesting info you shared here and I'm going to follow these simple tips. thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this information. SEO is one of the digital marketing techniques which is used to increase website traffic and organic search results. If anyone wants to get Digital Marketing Training in Chennai visit FITA Academy located at Chennai. Rated as No.1 SEO Training Institute in Chennai.





    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing the info. Our 3D Printers are the best in 3D Printing industry and is the fastest, easiest & well affordable gadget for making professional 3D models. We are the leader in consumer & industrial services in 3D Printers providing professional rapid prototyping with best functionality and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good job. I like everything you done. Thanks for sharing.
    SEO Course in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very glad to read that your occupation has ended very successfully and you have achieved the set goals.

    ReplyDelete