Monday, May 20, 2013

Real Estate Monday: Convert a Church

Convert a person
Save a person
Convert a church
Save a building?
Ok, I know I'm no good at bumper sticker-esque jokes, but in the spirit of redesigning, let's look at a couple of churches for sale for Real Estate Monday. 
I have no idea where the website went where I fist saw pictures of this church. It was months ago, my apologies, but the inside looked pretty awesome. Huge, cathedral ceilings, an alter, very typical church. Yes, it's in Braddock, but I'm a big proponent of moving in urban areas and reclaiming them! I met a man named Mark Harvey (he probably doesn't even remember me) that wrote a book specifically about this and he specializes in realty in these areas. You can check out his website here. Anyways, here's the one picture I could find. I did do a drive by, but completely forgot to get a picture of my own. It's on the flat part of Braddock, close to the river. A little Lord of the Rings down there, but still fun to look at. 
$78,000!!!


And if you're not into doing the converting yourself, just up the hill in Swissvale is an old church that has already been split into condos. I believe there's one left and you can see it here. This 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath condo is for sale for $85,000. 



Love the architectural windows. 
Here are two more links for two other already-converted church listings I found, if you're interested. 314 Hill St. and 1 Pius St.

2 comments:

  1. The third one says "A dream home - loft style living in a small town surrounded by wilderness activities" Sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really funny! I missed that. I wonder what wilderness activities they're talking about?

      Delete