Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'm a G.R.I.T.S.

Yes, I'm a GRITS- a girl raised in the south. For those of you who have never heard that expression, walk in any Cracker Barrel south of Virginia and you'll see shirts and hats plastered with the word GRITS. Anyways, I thought I'd share a little bit of home with you, except it's not my home- it's my mom's. A lot of you ask how I got into this business, and really when I think about it, it stems down to her. She always had our house completely decorated, with the times, and with a bit of her own spunk added. Today, my parents live the retired life in a condo in Jacksonville, Fl, where I'm originally from. Their condo, as my mom likes to put it, is "Tommy Bahama". Here are some pictures I took while I was visiting a couple weeks ago. That darn sunshine got in almost every picture, so I had my dad text me some more. Enjoy!

The Great Room.
See that glass coffee table? That was my grandpa's. He had good taste, huh? 
I think computer table's are adorable in living rooms.
This one's tucked away next to the sofa.


The Lanai. Practically another room in Florida. My mom even had it carpeted, and then layered the outdoor carpet with an animal print runner. There's a huge stone fountain off to the right for some feng shui. 


The Sunny Galley Kitchen.  
Breakfast Nook.
Dining Room. 














No dining room's complete
 without a bar cart! 


"My" Bedroom


Master Bedroom.
Complete with a beautiful view of the pond, and pet alligator- it is Florida, after all. 


Thanks for letting me post about your house, Mom & Dad. 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment