Thursday, June 9, 2011

Help Me Make The Decision.


Help! I believe I have narrowed my search down to two storefronts. Yay! For those Pittsburghers out there following this journey, it's the Morrowfield Building at the bottom of Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill. While not on the main drag like I originally wanted, it's still centrally located and has many apartments/houses surrounding it. So here's the deal. I'm going to show a picture of the floor plans, listing my pros and cons, and then I'd like to hear what you think.
Option 1:



  • Approx. 1083 sf. 
  • Double Door Entrance
  • Nice Bathroom on 1st Floor
  • Needs New Flooring
  • Basement Potentially Unusable
  • Cheaper Option





































Option 2:
  • Approx. 1118 sf + 420 sf in basement
  • Newly Renovated Floor and Fresh Paint
  • Bathroom Downstairs in (slightly scary) Basement 
  • Single Doorway with 2 steps up

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan...I'd say Option 1! It gives you the opportunity to treat your store like two separate spaces and stylize them accordingly. Also, a cute and accessible bathroom seems preferable. Oh and also, I love the double door option- more welcoming and higher drama (the good kind.) Good luck! What an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lisa, Jordan - nothing beats a good bathroom, and you can "chop" the store into different areas - lighting, outdoor furniture, indoor furniture - if you wanted to, of course. And it's very close to my favorite yarn shop! IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your input girls! Option 1 was actually my favorite, too. But upon closer inspection we found a lot of previous water damage and the owners won't fix it. Sad. It would take too much of our start up capital to renovate, so we've got to go with option 2 since that work's already been done. I'll be sure to post pictures soon!
    Oh, and we might put a double door in (eventually).

    ReplyDelete