Monday, July 28, 2014

Real Estate Monday: Fineview

I've been sick with a stomach bug for like 3 days now... turns out you don't fight things off so well when you're prego. So what do I do? Send my husband off to Kennywood with the 3 yr. old and blog/surf the web. Do people still say, "surf the web?" I'm not so sure.
Anyways, this past week I went exploring the Mexican War Streets to check out an investment condo I've been trying to talk my parents into. They're my toughest clients ;)
As I meandered up Federal street, I happened to find Fineview, yet another unique, little Pittsburgh neighborhood tucked away with a million dollar view. Hence the name Fineview, I guess. It's actually home to one of Pittsburgh's longest set of steps. If you want more info on its history you can click here for a great neighborhood profile. The views are seriously breathtaking.
The house I went looking for is a new build at only a whopping seven years old! It's curb appeal can't be beat, in my opinion. Here's a 3 bed/1.5 bath house for $159,900 with a view that's priceless.

1910 Meadville St, Pittsburgh, PA 15214

I wanted to make sure the neighborhood was decent before I took a client to see this house, and I was pleasantly surprised to see most of the homes were kept up quite nicely. There's a mix of both old and new as well. I especially love the mustard doors against the gray siding. 

 While I don't think the decor maximizes the potential of this space (those windows and high ceilings are amazing!) I still think you get the general idea of what a cute house this is.
I always want to paint those standard oak cabinets. Maybe some new light fixtures, too. Not a huge kitchen, but adequate for sure. 

I think this is the view at the end of the street. Not bad, huh? 




Another reason I like this house is that there's room to put your own stamp on it. The rooms are simple and clean. The bathroom needs a little updating, but with this price tag I think there's room for that. All in all, an adorable house with the comfort of it being a newer build sounds good to me. 

* I am not the listing agent for any of the homes I share on Real Estate Mondays, unless otherwise stated. I do not receive any compensation for these posts. If you'd like more information on any of the homes, I am a licensed Realtor, so please contact me via email or cell and I can schedule a showing for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment