Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Modern Family Kitchen

I found a little inspiration in this month's issue of Southern Living magazine and I wanted to share. Isn't it gorgeous?
source
I love almost everything about this kitchen- it incorporates vintage and modern aspects together. But mostly I love the color on the island, and I'm going to try to duplicate this look in our kitchen. I've been trying to decide on a color for a while now to paint our new kitchen island.


We got this bad boy from my husband's grandpa's house. It matches perfectly with all our cabinets, but I'm not a matchy-matchy person, so it was only a matter of time till I took a brush to it. The kitchen's clearly a bombshell right now, but I wanted to give you a visual. I think I might also take the color and paint the back of the door as well. Here's the color, it's by Benjamin Moore.

YOUR SELECTED COLOR
728

bermuda turquoise

YOUR SELECTED PRODUCT

I think I might replace the fan with a pendant now that we have a mini island there, too. If I could find something similar to those brass ones up above, I'd be in LOVE! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the colors in the inspiration photo. Have you checked out the design blog Apartment Therapy? One of their trend predictions is brushed brass and I thought, "no, really? I hate brass!" But then I saw those brass pendant lights and I think I've been converted!
    -Suzanne in Lawrenceville

    ReplyDelete