Friday, May 18, 2012

The Handsome Twins.

Please welcome the newest edition to the Redesignation family, the Twins. These guys have been in our sun room for the longest time (yes, I stock pile old furniture!). I've been itching to get to them, but haven't been able to till now. And what a glorious day to be painting outside! These two are solid wood and have fabulous Colonial details, like the skeleton key hole! They've been sanded, repainted a nice shade of blue-grey, waxed, buffed and shined up good as new. Actually I think they're better than new, but perhaps I'm a bit biased. You can be the judge. I just love the exposed wood drawer look. It's the touch of masculine on this, otherwise, feminine piece. So versatile. They'll be at the shop this afternoon, but I might move them to our booth in Miller's Antique Mall to spice it up a bit. Our space is looking a bit sparse since the oak farm table sold.



No comments:

Post a Comment