Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wrought Iron Paint

Ever since I saw this door in Martha Stewart's Living magazine, I knew I had big plans for this paint color.
Door in "Wrought Iron" paint by Martha Stewart
Although I've yet to paint an actual door this color, I did go out and purchase this paint to liven up my stairway. You see, I can't paint the walls because they're so thickly textured (it took me ages to repaint the dining room). So my solution? Paint the banister, of course. The result? 
Please excuse the abundance of messiness to the side.
I think I will paint the door behind it in the same color to add some more interest to an, otherwise, very bland hallway. But all in all, I think it added just the element of interest I was going for with half the work. My kind of project! 
We've also been busy switching our master bedroom to the room next to us. I used this color and a lighter gray to paint horizontal strips on an accent wall. It turned out very French, nautical. I know that's not a true decorating term, but I'm coining it now because it's the only way I can think to describe such a thing. I'll post pictures soon, friends. 

Completely unrelated: some nice lady came in today and informed me that she saw my commercial. I had no idea I even had a commercial! Supposedly she saw us on t.v. yet could not think of where. Did anyone out there see this? If it's true, I'm really excited! 

p.s. because buying furniture and teeth go hand in hand... I have a sweet friend in her final year at Pitt's dental school. If anyone knows of someone who needs a full or partial set of new dentures, let me know. They're very affordable, and usually covered by insurance. Merci beaucoup. 

1 comment:

  1. You see, I can't paint the walls because they're so thickly textured (it took me ages to repaint the dining room). So my solution? Paint the banister, of course. The result? Iron door

    ReplyDelete